With the help of more than 6,000 volunteers, and through the support of corporate partners, organizations and individual donors, A Just Harvest’s Community Kitchen provides a hot, nutritious meal to an average of 170 men, women and children every night of the year. Last year, the Community Kitchen served more than 55,000 meals.
A Just Harvest is grateful to the more than 40 partnering organizations (religious congregations, community organizations and businesses) that donate food for each evening meal. In addition to the cost of food, meal service requires approximately an additional $1,000 each night to open the doors of the Community Kitchen and provide a clean, safe space to feed our community. Our Community Kitchen is fully compliant with city regulations and is maintained to the highest standards of operation. Rent, utilities, sanitation supplies, gloves, ovens, a walk in freezer, insurance, and staff thoroughly trained in food safety standards are just some of the resources required to serve individuals and families in need 365 days a year.
We invite corporations, businesses and individuals to Host An Evening at A Just Harvest by contributing $1,000 for each evening meal you wish to support at the Community Kitchen. As an Evening Host, your contribution is a commitment to service, partnership and community. Together we will fight hunger until “all have plenty and no one is left in need.”
There are a variety of ways for your business to participate as a Host:
- A financial contribution of $1,000 and above
- Simply complete the commitment form and mail your contribution of $1,000, $5,000 or $20,000. Your contribution will open the Community Kitchen for 1, 5 or 20 nights and will be recognized with name and logo recognition according to hosting level (please click here to view hosting levels)
- A financial contribution + a volunteer opportunity
- In addition to your financial contribution, bring a group of employees, friends and/or colleagues together to serve dinner in the Community Kitchen on the night(s) you host
- A financial contribution + team building or awareness raising
- In addition to your financial contribution, A Just Harvest leadership are pleased to visit the workplaces of its Evening Hosts to debrief your volunteer experience, educate your team on hunger, or provide opportunities to get involved in the other areas of our work
Host An Evening Quick Links
Follow the links below to learn more about how to Host An Evening in A Just Harvest’s Community Kitchen
- Host an Evening Hosting Levels
- Host An Evening Frequently Asked Questions
- Host An Evening Commitment Form
- Host An Evening Information Packet
Thank you for your support. For more information or to sign up to Host An Evening, please email or call 773.262.2297.